- Korn shell, Finance, Hardware, High availability, IBM WebSphere MQ, JIRA, Java, Communication skills, DBA, DNS, Database, Education, Git, LDAP, Atlassian, Automation, Bitbucket, CentOS, Cloud, Confluence, Linux, Amazon Web Services, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bash, Puppet, Python, RabbitMQ, Red Hat Linux, Revision control, Routing, SAR, MySQL, NTP, Nagios, NetScaler, Networking, Nginx, Oracle, Perl, Load balancing, Market analysis, Messaging, Microsoft Windows Azure, Monitoring, Sybase, System monitoring, Training, Unix, Veritas Cluster Server, mod jk, Scripting, Server hardware, Software, Software configuration, Software development, x86
- Contract W2, Contract Independent, Contract Corp-To-Corp, 24 Months
- Depends on Experience
Professional and Technical Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with Market Data applications/vendors (Vela Wombat, Refinitiv TREP, etc.). Good knowledge of market data concepts including financial instruments, exchanges, and corporate actions.
- 3+ years of Linux/UNIX experience (CentOS or Red Hat preferred).
- 3+ years of programming/scripting experience (Korn, Bash, Perl, or Python preferred).
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX applications such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, and Java-based applications. Experience with messaging systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ) is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX services such as system monitoring/sar, routing, nscd, DNS, LDAP, and NTP.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with hardware/application load balancing or high-availability clusters. (Netscaler, Veritas Cluster, and/or mod_jk a plus.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with x86-based server hardware.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with networking concepts and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database concepts and technologies. (Oracle, Sybase, or MySQL preferred. DBA experience is a plus.)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Big Panda, ITRS Geneos), Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA), and source control (git, subversion, Bitbucket).
- Experience with automation/software configuration platforms (Puppet) is a plus.
- Experience deploying applications in the Cloud (AWS or Azure) is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- UNIX or Linux training.