Business Analyst 5
Job Title : Business Analyst 5
Location: 7285 Parsons Drive, Dimondale, Michigan – 48821 – Hybrid
(Will need to be onsite starting day 1 for hybrid work schedule.)
Duration: 1 year with possible extension.
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting clear, unambiguous, and testable business requirements from the client, and understanding the business requirements thoroughly to communicate business need and system functionality to technical and non-technical stakeholders, project team members, and the user community. The resource will be responsible for working with the project team and stakeholders to examine existing and future-state business processes, data, and systems. This information is used to guide the gathering of business requirements as they relate to the desired system functionality.
- Responsible for documenting business requirements that are clear, unambiguous, testable, and satisfy the business need in accordance with standard templates and adherence to DTMB and Treasury policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Responsible for facilitating requirement gathering meetings to identify impacted business processes and document the project business requirements. Attendees include relevant project team members and stakeholders as identified in the Communication Plan.
- Responsible for adhering to the project schedule by developing and maintaining the project backlog during Agile projects and working with the product owner to set priority throughout the duration of project.
- Responsible for understanding project scope and actively monitoring requirements process to maintain adherence to the objectives set for the project.
- Responsible for understanding high-level information governance objectives and ensuring appropriate Stakeholder inclusion and/or awareness regarding data requirements.
- Responsible for appropriate resolution of critical IT issues as it pertains to the BA role.
- Responsible for understanding project specific benefits and related impact of changes to project scope or business requirements.
- Ensures SEM deliverables for the project that are a responsibility of the BA are completed, reviewed, and approved in alignment with area processes.
- Works directly with project team including user interface/user experience (UI/UX) designers, tech leads, solution architects, database administrators, developers, QA testers, and technical writers to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, and scalability of the IT solution.